Buyer’s Guide to 2nd Amendment T-shirts
“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
The Second Amendment: the right to bear arms; the inalienable right to self-defense; a staple to the American way of life. But there’s another American staple that is often taken for granted…
The T-shirt and the right to bare arms.
Many of us spend most of our lives in T-shirts, yet don’t pay enough attention to how the perfect combo of fit, design, and comfort can elevate the classic garment from a simple clothing choice to a fashionable expression of values.
Take the 2nd Amendment T-shirt, for example.
The Right to Bare Arms
At the Freedom Store® by U.S. LawShield®, you’ll find a variety of men’s and women’s 2nd Amendment T-shirts with several colors and designs to choose from. But the Freedom Store is more than just a store where you can buy 2nd Amendment clothes online, it’s a place where function and style meet your values and beliefs.
Here, you can find the perfect patriotic and pro-Second Amendment shirts that let you wear your passion for all things 2A right there on your sleeve, without sacrificing the classic comfort you love. And with this helpful guide, you’ll be able to pick out your next favorite T-shirt.
The Perfect Fit
How you want your clothes to fit is always a personal preference. All that really matters is that you feel good in what you’re wearing. But there are a few aspects you should pay attention to if you want your 2nd Amendment shirt to be the best representation of your passion for freedom.
The tightness of your shirt is largely dependent upon your personal style. But a properly fitting, standard 2nd Amendment tee should be the perfect medium between body-hugging and shapeless tent. Think about it this way—you don’t want it so big that it hits your knees, and you could fit in with a crowd of college girls (unless…you do), but you also don’t want your shirt so tight that it ends up showing off more than just the Stars and Stripes.
Your 2nd Amendment shirt can be considered the perfect length if, when you raise your arms above your head, the hem still falls below your belly button. This means it should generally fall right at (or a little below) your belt. However, the late 90’s and early 2000’s are making a comeback; if you’re aiming to look like a pop princess or a legendary skater, purchase accordingly.
The best way to ensure your T-shirt is the perfect fit is by having the proper shoulder fit. The shoulder seam along the top of the shirt should run from the base of your collar bone, across the center of your shoulder, all the way to the tip. No matter your personal style, if the shoulder fit is right then everything else will fall into place.
Long Sleeves vs. Short Sleeves
The length of your sleeves is entirely your own preference. Obviously, there are certain things you may want to consider. Like if it’s hot, you probably want to opt for a short-sleeved tee. Or if you work with your hands a lot, you should choose a T-shirt with sleeves that don’t fall past your wrists. Whichever sleeve style you choose, your 2nd Amendment shirt is sure to look great!
Second Amendment T-shirt Care
Whether by accidentally shrinking it or forgetting to separate your laundry, we’ve all learned (the hard way) just how frustrating it can be to mess up our favorite shirts, especially when we spent so much time finding the perfect one!
Every 2nd Amendment T-shirt at the Freedom Store is either made of 100% cotton or a cotton blend. While this is great for comfort, cotton shirts require a little more TLC than their polyester counterparts. Implement the following T-shirt care tips into your laundry routine to keep your favorite patriotic shirts looking and feeling their best.
- Cold Water: Heat causes the pulled fabric of your T-shirt to return to its original state. Prevent your shirt from shrinking a few sizes by washing it in cold water and air drying it (or using the lowest heat setting on your dryer).
- Delicate Cycle: The normal wash cycle can be harsh on most fabrics, especially if they feature any graphics or special designs. Wash on a delicate cycle to maintain the integrity of your T-shirt.
- Second Amendment T-shirt Pro Tip: Turn your 2A shirts inside-out to protect the design!
- Skip Washes: Repeated washing breaks down fabrics, causing colors to fade and shirts to look worn. Keep your 2nd Amendment T-shirt looking brand new by washing it only when it’s actually dirty or smelly. (Hint: just because you put it on, doesn’t automatically make it dirty!)
- Treat Stains: This is especially important for softer and light-colored T-shirts. Different stains require different treatments, but all should be treated ASAP. Also, make sure the stain is gone before drying your shirt, otherwise the heat will set it in.
- Less Detergent: Excessive laundry soap and fabric softener causes build-up on your clothes, eventually turning your new favorite shirt into your new favorite dish rag.
Follow this advice and your next T-shirt is sure to be the best fitting and longest lasting of your entire wardrobe!
Not sure where to buy 2nd Amendment shirts? Check out the Freedom Store! You might find something you can’t live without…